Monday, August 4, 2014

First Vet Visit

Alex and Felix.  Oscar is on the floor.
Zoinks!  What a strange morning!  Today started as every other day with SillyFamily.  Good sleeps and snuggles with SillyFamily during the night, playtime in the yard, and yummy breakfast.  But then Zoinks!

SmellyMan put our harnesses on after breakfast.  Why did he do that?  I did not know why harnesses were on.  Then SmellyMan and DwarfMan started acting strangely.  They are SillyFamily so they are always strange!  But this was stranger than normal!  They started going in and out of the house.  SmellyMan carried BigBlanket out of the house and then came back without it.  Where was BigBlanket?

Zoinks!  Then the silliness started!  SmellyMan picked me up.  HE PICKED ME UP!!  SmellyMan does that sometimes and I usually do not mind.  But this time SmellyMan picked me up and carried me outside!  Not GoodOutside, the backyard where Oscar and me play!  This was ScaryOutside, the front of the house where we do not play!  SmellyMan then opened the door to his ManTruck and put me in.

DwarfMan?  What are you doing in ManTruck?  DwarfMan was sitting in ManTruck, with BigBlanket.  SmellyMan put me down on BigBlanket next to DwarfMan.  I will not lie!  I was scared!  I had not been in this ManTruck!  I was shaking, but DwarfMan talked SweetTalk and calmed me down.  SmellyMan then disappeared.

When the door to ManTruck opened again, SmellyMan had Oscar! Oscar was NOT a happy PipeSpaniel!  I do not mind being picked up by SmellyMan. Oscar does not like it!  He wiggle-jiggles until he is put down.  SmellyMan had a hard time carrying Oscar to ManTruck, but Oscar too was put down next to DwarfMan.  SmellyMan then got in, and ManTruck started to move.  Where were we going?  Was it an adventure?  Oscar and I do not like adventure sometimes.  Sometimes it makes us scared.

We moved in ManTruck for a little while before it stopped. SmellyMan got out, opened the door, and he picked me up again.  PICKED ME UP!!  He carried me into BrickBuilding.  I had never seen BrickBuilding!  What was inside?  When we went in, BrickBuilding had other dogs!  And other people.  I did not mind the other dogs!  The other people were scary though, and I was shaking.  SmellyMan put me in a small room and then left.  Was he ever coming back?  Was this it?  Did Pipe Spaniels do something wrong?  Where was Oscar? Would I ever see him again?

However it was only a moment before SmellyMan came in carrying Oscar. DwarfMan was following them.  It was the four of us in the small room.  Why were we here?  Where was our cuddly pillow?  Where was FlowerySmellingGirl?  Where were toys?  Oscar and me did not know what was going on.

It wasn't long before AnimalMan came in the room.  I call him AnimalMan because he had many strange smells.  I smelled other dogs!  I smelled cats!  There were other animal smells I did not know!  What was AnimalMan going to do?  AnimalMan talked SweetTalk and seemed nice.  But Oscar and me are scared of strangers and did not know what would happen next.

AnimalMan sat on the floor with us.  He looked in ours ears.  He looked in our mouth.  He looked in our eyes.  He felt our bodies.  He listened to our hearts.  SmellyMan said he wasn't AnimalMan, he was AnimalDoctor.  Oh no!  Were Oscar or me sick?  We did not feel sick!  But if AnimalDoctor was looking at us, we must be sick!

It turns out AnimalDoctor was just there to make sure we were OK!  And we were!  AnimalDoctor said we seemed very healthy.  Good ears, good eyes, good teeth, no lumpy-bumpies, and very good hearts with no "murmurs".  I do not know what "murmur" is, but AnimalDoctor said it is very good our hearts did not have murmurs.  AnimalDoctor was very nice, and even gave us yummy treats at the end.

Oscar and me decided AnimalDoctor and rides in ManTruck may not be so bad after all!  SmellyMan said it was time to go home.  He picked Oscar up and carried him out to ManTruck, and this time, Oscar did not wiggle-jiggle.  He came back and picked me up, and Oscar, me, and DwarfMan all sat in the back of ManTruck and we went home.

It was an exciting morning!  Scary, but Oscar and me are starting to know that SillyFamily would never do anything to hurt us.  Even strange mornings like this morning do not seem quite as scary as they used to.  SmellyMan said he was going to ManDoctor after our AnimalDoctor visit.  Do not be scared SmellyMan!  If ManDoctor is like AnimalDoctor, it will not be so bad!!


Felix

1 comment:

  1. You are so funny, Terry. Every one of these cracks me up. I love it! Glad everything checked out today, and that the boys weren't too traumatized. I hope your dr appointment went as well as theirs.

    ReplyDelete