Thursday, July 10, 2014

Lord of the Strawberries

All hail Ser Felix, Lord of the Strawberries!  I am not picky.  You may call me Lord of the Strawberries or King of the Strawberries or the Strawberry Knight, it does not matter.  You may call me "Ser", "My Grace", or "My Lord".  It does not matter which.  All that matters is I rule the strawberry patch.  You must bow before me.

Oscar and I LOOOVE our yard.  We will play and play and play.  Sometimes we sniff and explore.  Sometimes we play with sticks and other things we find in the yard.  But we also like to wrestle and chase.

I am a very good wrestler.  This is a new yard and Oscar and me must decide who rules what part of the yard.  We will chase and wrestle for a long time.  Sometimes Oscar wins, and sometimes I win.  We are both very good (but I am better).  I am king of the strawberry patch.  Oscar and I have wrestled many times in the strawberry patch.  It is easier to wrestle there now.  At first the strawberries were very tall and thick.  It made it hard to wrestle.  Now the strawberries are flat, and we can wrestle much better.

SmellyMan laughs when we wrestle in his strawberries.  He says it does not matter, berry time is over.  But SmellyMan is wrong.  He is not wrong that it does not matter.  He is wrong when he says they are "his" strawberries.  We are the Pipe Spaniels!  This is our house and SmellyMan must do as we say.  It does not matter when berry time is.

I am Felix!  Lord Of the Strawberries!  I am ruler of all who cross into my strawberry patch!  Oscar and I have fought fair and square and it has been decided!!

There are still many other places yet to conquer.  Oscar is King of Under Bed and King of Behind Chair.  I will not fight him for those, he is King.  Oscar is also King of Daytime Doggy Bed.  But I am King of the Strawberries.  I am also King of the Flossy Bone.  We have fought many battles over Flossy Bone and I am the King.  Oscar does not agree and says he is King of the Flossy Bone.  But I took the Flossy Bone and hid it behind a chair upstairs.  I am King because he does not know where it is.

SmellyMan, do not reveal my secret to Oscar!  I am King of the Flossy Bone!!


Felix, Lord of the Strawberries, King of the Flossy Bone

4 comments:

  1. Oh no, you aren't a very good King, Felix, if you flatten the strawberries! A good King would help his kingdom flourish! It warms my heart to see them in action, wrestling and happy. They must have learned that little ear pulling trick from Libby. She is definitely the Queen of pulling ears!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure your family doesn't care who is King, Sir or Knight of whatever...just as long as it doesn't result in a Game of Thrones. I love hearing from both of you.

    Thank you Terry!

    ReplyDelete