Thursday, July 3, 2014

Yard Time!!

SmellyMan left the house for a few hours today.  SmellyMan has been always been home with us so far, so it was scary to be home alone!  Felix and I showed him who was boss when he came home though!  And that is ME, brave Oscar!

SmellyMan got home and let us outside.  We love outside! There are so many sniffs and places to explore in this new yard! Felix and I thought we would teach SmellyMan not to leave us alone any more, so we did not go inside when SmellyMan wanted.  That is your fault SmellyMan!  We were mad!  SmellyMan stayed outside with us and tried to get us to go in, but we are tricky boys!  We are also MUCH quicker than SmellyMan!  It was a fun game!  Felix and I would go up the stairs and act like we were going inside, but then we'd run down the stairs into the yard and play some more.  It is fun teasing SmellyMan!

Playing in the yard is fun, but Felix is such a bother!  He likes to jump on me and wrestle.  I like wrestling too, but Felix acts like such a puppy.  I am not a puppy!  I am a big boy dog!  I played with Felix but got tired in the yard.  Felix got tired too, and we both tried to nap in the shade.  SmellyMan could not figure out why we wanted to nap outside but did not want to go inside.  We were just playing tricks!  We were so tired after playing for 3 hours that we finally let SmellyMan herd us inside.

I am the brave big boy dog out in the yard!  I am also the boss!  Because I am brave boss big boy dog, I must check in on SmellyMan very often.  I must make sure SmellyMan is not up to no good!  SmellyMan likes to sit in the grass while we play, and the best way to check on SmellyMan is to smell him and lick his fingers.  He is smelly, but he is extra smelly when he is being naughty, so I must check.  I sometimes let him scratch my ears too.  I like my ears scratched but I will not tell SmellyMan that!  Felix is not so brave.  He sometimes will go to SmellyMan for a finger lick in the yard, but that is all.  Felix is not smart!  Ear scratches are good!  But he is just a puppy and does not understand.

Felix and I were very tired after our long day in the yard.  We came and slept on the fuzzy blanket. We were so tired that we let SmellyMan lay down and rub both our ears.  Even Felix!  But we tease SmellyMan.  He thinks we love him when he scratches our ears, but when we wake up we are shy again.  Hah SmellyMan!  We are the pipe spaniels!  You will never understand us!!
Oscar

2 comments:

  1. I think Smelly Man has you completely figured out, Oscar! Maybe you should cut him some slack. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love hearing how happy Oscar and Felix are in their new home.

    ReplyDelete