Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Ode to "Under"

Felix is a stinky poet.  What is a haiku?  It is not a poem. There is no rhyming in Felix poems.  Felix says he is smart, but if he was smart his poem would rhyme.

I am a much better poet than Felix.  I am smart and know my poems must rhyme.  I have made a poem.  It is about being "under".  I like being under, and this poem will tell you why it is so good.


ODE TO "UNDER"
Is it any wonder
Why I like being "under"?
Under is safe and cozy
A place to be sleepy and dozy
A place I can bring my toys
And keep them from the other boy
Under keeps bad things away
It is a place where I'm OK
When I'm scared it calms me down
It turns my frowns upside down
Try "under", you'll like it too!
it will help when you're feeling blue

THAT is a good poem.  

Felix also likes "under", but only when I am under. When I am under, sometimes Felix joins me.  He makes bad poems but he is good at making me feel better when I am under.  Then Felix will come out from under and I will follow him.

I love Felix very much but do not tell him that.  Felix will get big head and think he is very important.


Oscar


3 comments:

  1. Hi Oscar! You are such a good poet. I never really understood the allure of a Haiku, either. Love you, little buddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Oscar! Your pome is so very much better than sum we have seed in what humans call "litterrtchur." And we know, 'cuz our mom used to teach in a place called a "unevercity." What you sed is absotudely treu and reel. --Tulip, Holly, & Joey

    ReplyDelete