Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Beds are better than floors!!

These people are weird!  SmellyMan slept on the floor 2 of the first 3 nights we were here.  Why would he do that?  Beds are so much softer than the floor! I think something's wrong with him, he doesn't seem so smart.  Oscar and I didn't know where we were supposed to sleep.  SmellyMan was on the floor, so we came and slept by him. Such a dumb, silly man...we felt sorry for him!  I even laid on top of him the 2nd night.  I am a smart pup!  I thought maybe some of my smarts might rub off on him!

SmellyMan, FlowerySmellingGirl, and DwarfMan have 3 soft beds, and many nice couches and chairs. Oscar and I are SOPHISTICATED (NO!  Oscar, that does NOT mean "brave"!!!).  We are no longer the Pipe Spaniels!!  Why would we sleep in a pipe, when we could sleep on a nice soft bed?  Last night, FlowerySmellingGirl went to bed first. Sigh.  Here we go again!  What's a pup to do?  Oscar told me NO WAY he's sleeping next to SmellyMan on the floor. He went and laid down by the bed next to FlowerySmellingGirl.

Hello, SillyFamily!!  We are sophisticated dogs!  We want to sleep in the bed too!  Do you not get the hint?  I was mad about having to sleep on the floor again, so I went out and sat by SmellyMan by his ElectricLightBox.  I was just falling asleep, and I heard a creak of SmellyMan's chair, and before I knew it, he had picked me up!  PICKED ME UP!!  What am I, a sack of potatoes?  WE ARE THE PIPE SPANIELS!!  Nobody picks us up!!

But SmellyMan DID pick me up!  I was a little scared, but I let him carry me.  I felt sorry for him again, maybe he needed me to sleep on top of him again!  But SmellyMan did something good.  He took me into the room where FlowerySmellingGirl was sleeping, and laid me down on the bed.

WOO-HOO!!  FINALLY SillyFamily understands!  We are sophisticated pups!! We need the finer pleasures in life!  The bed was OH so soft, and FlowerSmellingGirls was OH so nice, talking sweetly to me and scratching my ears.  This is so much better than the floor!!  Floors are for SmellyMan, not for sophisticated pups!!  

Oscar and I are still working on training this family, but we are making progress.  Now that we've taught them to sleep on beds and not the floor, we are going to spend all our sleepy time on soft things.  SmellyMan went into the tiny FallingWaterRoom this morning to wash the stinky smell off.  About time, SmellyMan!!  Oscar and I decided to continue our training of SmellyMan.  When SmellyMan came out of the FallingWaterRoom, we were fast asleep up on the bed.

OUR BED, SMELLY MAN!!! If you are nice, we will let you sleep up here with us!!!  

Felix

7 comments:

  1. YAY, sleeping on the bed! I wonder how SillyFamily feels about a nice wet tongue in the ear. Felix's specialty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go guys! So happy for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is huge! Oscar and Felix, you are amazing pups! Tell SmellyMan and FlowerySmelling Girl I think they're wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay so happy they are feeling at home

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're definitely getting more at home, but have a ways to go! They're seemingly a lot less shy when we're out playing in the yard. Inside, they try not to get "trapped", so are always looking for an escape route. They come up to me and let me scratch their ears a lot outside, but inside? They come up, but tend to keep their distance a little more. Only 5 days in though, and we're already making quite a bit of progress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We found that they really let their guard down most when they were on the bed. Seriously. Felix would roll over and want his belly rubbed. That was when it was easiest for Suzy to get a collar or harness on them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Last night Felix would jump up and down a couple of times, but then he settled in, and was rolled over on his back at one point with Lauri getting occasional face licks!!

    But yet the rest of the day today, they're not letting us get that close in the house. Better outside though.

    ReplyDelete