Sunday, July 6, 2014

Skips-so-Frantic Pups

Felix and I had so much fun last night!  SmellyMan said we were "Skips-so-Frantic". That is a big word but he says it means we do not act the same all the time.  This is true!  It is all part of Oscar's plan.

I am a deep-thinking pup.  I am the smart one, not Felix (yes Felix, I read your blog posts!!!).  I am thinking it is more fun to be silly, shy, crazy, sleepy, bouncy, slow, all at different times.  Why do the same thing all the time?  That is boring.  Oscar's plan is more fun.

When we came to SillyFamily, I was brave and Felix was chicken.  BAWK-BAWK-BAWK, Felix-chicken!!!  I am still brave but am acting more chicken.  This is mostly to make Felix feel better but also because it is fun to be different.  It is fun to make SillyFamily crazy with Skips-so-Frantic.

It is most fun to be Skips-so-Frantic between LightTime and DarkTime.  During LightTime we are acting not brave. SillyFamily will sometimes pet us and scratch our ears, but we act chicken and often do not let SillyFamily close.

We are not devil dogs!  We are Skips-so-Frantic!!
It is very different at DarkTime. DarkTime is time for playing and being silly!  We are very brave at night.  We sleep with SmellyMan, FlowerySmellingGirl, or DwarfMan, it does not matter which.  At DarkTime we will jump on SoftSleepingPlaces and snuggle with SillyFamily.  Felix likes to lick SillyFamily during DarkTime, and sleep by their heads.  I like to lick feet and sleep by their legs.

But we are Skips-so-Frantic pups!  We get lots of pets and snuggles at night, even though I think SillyFamily is tired when we are brave during DarkTime.  Last night SmellyMan was getting face licks.  He rolled over to pet Felix, but it was not Felix, it was me Oscar!! It was me by his head being Skips-so-Frantic and licking him.  I was pretending to be Felix because DarkTime is time for being silly.

Felix and I jumped between DwarfMan's SoftSleepingPlace and the big people's SoftSleepingPlace last night.  We also played and wrestled in the hall.  It was so much fun!

But now it is LightTime, and we are shy again.  SmellyMan wonders why we are sitting behind the chair when we were so brave and silly last night.  We are the Pipe Spaniels!! We are Skips-so-Frantic!!! SillyFamily will never understand us!!!

Oscar



3 comments:

  1. You boys sure are funny. I love reading how things are going. You've been gone for a week now and it's been an adjustment getting used to not seeing you guys zipping around. Libby's doing good and is looking for you to rough house with. Dixie plays ok, but not as good as you do. Maybe I can talk Suzy into making a visit sometime before Summer is over. :) (that might be difficult) lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not difficult at all! Let's go!

    I love that you boys are showing your Silly Family that you really are sweet and snuggly, even if you have to cover it up in the light of day.

    Try not to be so schizo. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds to me like SillyFamily has SilllySpaniels. SillySuzy was right. You are in the perfect home!

    ReplyDelete